Thursday, March 21, 2013

Sex.

Sex. It's been on my mind. As a mother, how do I tell my son about this 3 letter word? Do I show him the Bible, give him a box of condom, or show random pictures of STDs? I want to do more than that. I have a desire to teach him to respect women. Respect what they have. Respect their words. Respect how they carry themselves. Never ever pressure a woman into something. I want him to care about her as a person 1st and not the skin she wears. At lunch today a coworker mentioned the girls these days are aggressive young ones. Now, I'm thinking, how can I teach my son to respect her and most importantly, himself? It's one of the biggest things you can carry within yourself. It will take you places and help you grow as a human. As a mother, I want him to have respect for himself. I am just trying to navigate where to start with teaching him such a powerful force at such a young age. Somehow trying to find the map to that road.